Help Us Change the Culture of Youth Sports
Join in now as Where Our Children Play’s global community comes together to make a HUGE difference for young athletes around the world.
Children in sports need support, whether it be mentors, programs, or mental health support, to reach their full potential on and off the field. We will gather virtually on May 27th-28th during mental health awareness month to hear from experts in the youth sports and mental health world, and to raise vital support for young athletes, their families, and their coaches, and begin to shift the culture of youth sports for the better. (Invitation to follow)
You can lead the way! Your sponsorship of our event at any level will support:
- Creation of a documentary film Where Our Children Play: The Challenge of Youth Sports to be created in partnership with Chesapeake Films. This effort will serve to bring a much wider-spread awareness to mental wellness in young athletes.
- Future development of a book surrounding the same topics
- Development of a membership network providing services including information and education for families, schools, and sports associations to help improve the work of youth athletics professionals and protect our children’s development.
- Direct support for a local family and their children’s sports training
- The continued and sustained efforts of Where Our Children Play to bring awareness to and education about youth athletics to a global audience
It all starts with knowing who we are supporting in this work:
Peanut, 8 years old, asked if she will be playing goalie. The coach replied, “sure if that’s where you want to play.” She began to cry and said, “I never want to play goalie again, but my old coach told me I could only play goalie because I am too fat and slow!”
Young athletes like Peanut should be able to engage with sports as a healthy, positive environment where they make friends and form life skills, but unfortunately, that was not always the case.
You have the power to shape and change the future and culture of youth sports at the following levels:
- Up to $1000, Supporter, Credit Line in the documentary film
- Up to $5000, Advocate
- Up to $10,000, Champion
- Up to $25,000, Sponsor, Associate Producer credit in the documentary film
- Up to $50,000, Presenting Sponsor, Executive Producer credit in the documentary film